Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pie Five

Check out their website                                                                     Locations

I've been seeing Pie Fives popping up all over the metroplex, so I had to check it out. 


What immediately surprised and impressed me was the prices. I think for the most part we have come to expect customize-able sandwiches and salads at a reasonably low price, but, maybe it's the baking step or something, I kind of expect a personalized pizza to either be a little on the pricey side (at least $10) or to be insatiably small.


This was not the case, however, at Pie Five.



The first step is to select your pizza crust, which can come in Crispy Artisan Thin, Whole Grain Thin, Classic, or Gluten Free. Next you select from one of 6 sauces or plain olive oil. Then you have a choice of cheeses, including a vegan option, and any combination of 8 meats and 17 veggies and fruits.



You also have the option of making a salad.


While you wait for your pie to bake, you'll be strategically placed in front of the dessert display case with several tempting and decadent, mostly brownie-based desserts.


Then you get to add any cold toppings, sauces such as pesto, or just pile on the magic dust. I took this opportunity to ask the... pizza artist? to drizzle my pizza with the basalmic reduction offered for the salads. It really enhanced the flavors of my pizza.


I also found that they allowed me to do a half and half pizza so that I could taste more of their offerings in one sitting. On one half of my pizza, I got the alfredo sauce, chicken, tomato, basil pesto, shredded fresh basil, and basalmic drizzle. on the other half of my pizza I tried the buffalo sauce, chicken, and jalapenos.


I was also asked to order something for my grandmother because she was on her way, so I chose the alfredo sauce for her as well, and went for a more pork-themed pie with ham, bacon, chicken, and tomatoes. I also had them drizzle her pie with the balsamic reduction to offset some of the saltiness.


I was visiting with my husband and family, so here are some of their creations:


My husband tried the spicy marinara sauce and was really happy with his choice- he said he was surprised at how particularly well they balanced the heat in with the flavor of marinara.


All in all, I was impressed with several things. First was their ability to quickly service our group of 8 people. Second was the quality of the crust! It was delicious, and cooked to soft in the middle but not doughy at all. The combinations were excellent, but I take some credit for that! However if you aren't culinarily inclined, don't panic! They offer a whole menu of tried and tested pizza recommendations.


I recommend you go try Pie Five if you haven't been before, and whether it's a new experience or you go every week, let me know YOUR favorite pie recipe in the comments! Or Tweet them to me @WritingChef and I'll retweet your recipe to my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment