Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2016

FrankenFood Friday: S'mores M&Ms

One of my all time favorite things in life is a good s'more. So when I saw the Crispy M&M S'mores, I knew I had to try them for a FrankenFood Friday.


My instinct when I first opened the package was to try all three colors at once, and they did taste... not unlike a s'more, though there was a more gingerbread sort of note to it that was a little too strong. I tasted the colors separately and was pleasantly surprised to realize that the different colors seemed to have different flavors, which corresponded to their color (white tasted a bit like marshmallow, brown tasted like a normal M&M, tan tasted like weird gingerbread). So for the full s'more effect, you have to taste all three in the same bite. It kind of carries the fun, "some assembly required" aspect of s'mores into the M&M world in a whimsical way.


Still, that said once again this FrankenFood did not meet my most valued criteria of making something better than the inspiring individual elements. I could see some people who happen to have a taste for gingerbread lattes finding this an improvement on M&Ms, but there is no way this is an improvement on S'mores, and the tan flavor is too odd. The real test of a FrankenFood is whether I want to finish it off. It's so strange that FrankenFoods are the only sweets that enter my home that ever don't get finished off for weeks. I know I wasn't too impressed with these because although I liked them fine for the taste test, I haven't gone back to eat any more in over a week. I do like the white ones, though, I think they should do a chocolate and marshmallow one without the weird spiced flavor. Over all, I think this is an inexpensive enough experiment that it's worth trying if you are the sort of person who tends to like gingerbread or pumpkin spice lattes- it might be the best M&Ms you ever try!



If you do try these, or if you already have, please let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment