Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Taco Joint

Taco Joint Website                                                                              Maps/Locations


A new favorite for my husband and I is a place called Taco Joint. I learned about Taco Joint from a group of people at my school who invited me to join their weekly lunch- frequently at the Taco Joint in Uptown, a few blocks from my school. I brought my husband there for breakfast & fell in love with the Great Gordo breakfast burrito. This is an enormous burrito packed with eggs, diced, perfectly seasoned, crispy little potato cubes, cheese, and your choice of chorizo or bacon (I think sausage may be an option, as well). I love to eat it with the special Jalapeno Ranch offered at the salsa bar- I love that stuff so much I once mused that they could bottle and sell it, only to have my friend point out that they do, in fact, bottle and sell it!


After I tried the Great Gordo that saturday morning, I was dismayed to realize that they cut off the breakfast menu at that location before 11am, and I only went there for lunch most of the time on school days.

This was a blessing in disguise, however, because I was forced to branch out and taste several other items from the lunch menu. Their spicy fried chicken quesadilla was a new lunch favorite for a while, but I also really enjoyed the beef tacos, and I have to give them extra praise for their refried beans; I normally do not like refried beans, because if you're going to mash something, I don't want it partially mashed with chunks of bean and skin all in there- I want it smooth & almost creamy. Taco Joint uniquely delivers on this particular pickiness.

Now, the spicy crispy chicken had won my ever-clogging heart as a lunchtime favorite, when I discovered that there was another location of Taco Joint closer to my abode!




...And this one serves breakfast all day! I made a special request and created my new staple order, combining my Taco Joint loves- I got a Great Gordo with Spicy Crispy Chicken instead of chorizo. Most of the time they'll do it, once I was turned down, inexplicably since it was the same location, same time of day. 


Taco Joint offers a wide variety of excellent Texan fare (the presence of tortillas and salsa do not automatically equate to Tex-Mex for me- this place is pure Dallas!) and a casual, enjoyable atmosphere. There is also a small bar area with a television and several beers on draft. I highly recommend you experience it for yourself, and tell me what you tried in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Obviously you and I have been here more than once together. My staple right now is always the brisket tacos with just meat and cheese in a flour tortilla. I always get rice and beans because their rice and beans are delicious. To top it off, I put the jalapeño ranch on my tacos, which is delicious as well. Also, their salads are average, but the fried jalapeños included on some of them are pretty darn good. (But who goes to Taco Join for the salad?)

    ReplyDelete